USG Corporation Maintenance Mechanic (Railroad, Diesel) - Plaster City in El Centro, California
Maintenance Mechanic Job Purpose:Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of a varies heavy equipment including a Locomotive diesel engine, railcars, and other heavy equipment, while maintaining a safe and productive work environment.
- Maintenance Mechanic Job Duties:*
- Ensures operation of rail and heavy equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Locates sources of problems by observing equipment in operation.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand /power tools.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Three years experience working with diesel engines,heavy equipment maintenance. ASE prefered, proficient welder, familiar with basic electrical controls, pneumatic, hyrdraulic systems
Duties: * To be a candidate you must be willing to work rotating shifts and weekends as needed in a maintenance shop. * Safety and housekeeping are the first consideration in all activities. The employee must consistently demonstrate an understanding of all plant & departmental safety rules, standards, and programs. * Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical issues, understand operating functions * Demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Plaster City-Engineering
Title: Maintenance Mechanic (Railroad, Diesel) - Plaster City
Location: California-El Centro
Requisition ID: PLA10225
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.