USG Corporation Maintenance Mechanic (Reliability) - Plaster City in El Centro, California
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor or other appropriate administrative staff, the Mechanic is responsible for, installing, maintaining and repairing the production equipment in a safe, efficient, cost effective manner ensuring the continuous operations of assigned equipment at the plant. The Mechanic will work in rotating shifts and in partnership with other mechanics and operators at the Plaster City plant.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES. * Work safely as a top priority by adhering to the plant’s safety policies and objectives. * Complete on time safety training (Classroom and OTIS). * Support company policies, departmental instructions and objectives in a positive manner. * Ensure all repair and maintenance work orders are performed safely, efficiently and within the time frame. * Work with other department maintenance technicians and operators to execute efficiently the daily basis work orders. * Overall responsibility by following maintenance program best practices. * Communicate value added opportunities and solution plans to improve safety and equipment performance. * Support operations and maintenance to improve equipment reliability. * Lead group of operators during routine and non-routine maintenance tasks. * Assist with implementation of predictive maintenance programs including: vibration analysis, infrared testing, oil analysis, ultrasonic and motor circuit analysis, etc. * Participate in training classes/seminars provided by USG or 3rdparty companies. * Keep active communication with board line Maintenance Supervisor about shift performance and any other issue that could arise. * Submit work orders request usinge-Factory Pro (CMMS)
- Electro-Mechanic industrial experience, 2 years. •Experience with installation, modification, maintenance, and repair of following equipment: Electric Motors, Electrical Substations, Variable Frequency Drives, Liquid Pumps, Gear Boxes, Conveying Systems (Rotating helical screws, Automated rollers & belts), Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems.
- Experience on Welding, Cutting and Metal Fabrication.
- Proficient with Mechanical, Electrical, PLC & Instrumentation troubleshooting.
- Experience with precision shaft alignments.
- Experience with preventive maintenance tasks.
- Experience with predictive maintenance tools usage: Vibration, Ultrasound, I/R thermograph, Lubrication, Motor Analysis.
- Ability to read electrical & mechanical schematics/blueprints.
- Strong communication skills to interact with operation and maintenance personnel.
- Basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook). /EOE including disability/veteran/ / / /#CB/
Organization: *Plaster City-Reliability
Title: Maintenance Mechanic (Reliability) - Plaster City
Location: California-El Centro
Requisition ID: PLA10219
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.