USG Corporation PLC Programmer - Plaster City in El Centro, California
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of the PLC supervisor or other appropriate administrative staff, the PLC Programmer is responsible for, programming and troubleshooting controls systems, such PLC & Robotics systems, Servo-Drives & VFD’s. Must be able to work and design HMI applications using Intouch Wonderware and Ignition developing software.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES: * Work safely as a top priority by adhering to the plant’s safety policies and objectives. * Complete on time the safety training (Classroom, Hands-On, OTIS Web Site). * Support company policies, departmental instructions and objectives in a positive manner. * Work with PLC equipment and HMI Programming tools. * Ensure all troubleshooting, commissioning and maintenance jobs are performed in a safe, efficient and timely manner. * Troubleshoot process and or equipment problems that may arise during the shift and afterhours, by responding appropriately to emergency calls. * Willing towork on weekends as needed. * Report to PLC supervisor updates for assigned tasks and projects. * Work with schematics and diagrams for electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic controls. * Complete projects on time and within specified budget. * Work with other department technicians and operators to execute safely and efficiently the daily basis work orders. * Communicate value added opportunities and solution plans to improve safety and equipment performance. * Support operations and maintenance to improve equipment reliability. * Participate in training classes/seminars provided by USG or 3rdparty training companies.
- 3 years of experience in a similar position is required.
- A BS in Electrical, Mechanical, Electronic or Computer Engineering is a plus.
- Must have proven experience in PLC logic and programming in the following equipment: + AB Contrologix 5000, CompactLogix L32E. + AB DeviceNet, AB ControlNet, Profibus & Ethernet communication protocols. + FANUC Robotics. + Siemens TIA Portal S7-1200, 300’s, 400’s and TI 505. + VFD Yaskawa and AB Power Flex. + AB Motion System Kinetix. + HMI Programming: Wonderware InTouch, Ignition, Rockwell Factory Talk View and Siemens TIA portal software. + Experience with control PID Loops. + Calibrate process transmitters (Flow, Pressure, Temperature & Levels). + Burner safety controls - Honeywell Safeguards 7800 Series.
- Proficient computer experience in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Solid verbal and written communications skills.
- Basic in CAD software.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Plaster City-Reliability
Title: PLC Programmer - Plaster City
Location: California-El Centro
Requisition ID: PLA10216
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.