USG Corporation Maintenance Mechanic (Quarry) - Fort Dodge in Fort Dodge, Iowa
The Quarry Mechanic position is an opportunity for a motivated individual to demonstrate their ability to multitask, work as a team and use their leadership skills within a fast-paced mining environment. Reporting to the Quarry Maintenance Supervisor, the successful applicant will conduct the daily maintenance operations of the Quarry, assist in the implementation of safety programs and maintain/contribute to maintenance activities.
This position offers a competitive compensation package, comprehensive benefits package, and the potential for a quarterly bonus. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position but only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
- A good work ethic, acceptable job performance, and predictable attendance.
- Safely and efficiently operate and maintain various pieces of heavy quarry equipment.
- Willing and able to learn equipment mechanics from instruction and self-study.
- Working with computers and other control screens.
- Evaluate mechanical problems and communicate that information to the production crew.
- Understand the importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
Working nights and weekends when necessary.
Being available for overtime and call-ins as required.
Train under and complete all required MSHA and OSHA reporting and compliance requirements and follow MSHA and OSHA regulations.
- Predictable attendance. o Report to job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Ability to read, write and possess basic math skills to complete daily tasks like troubleshooting equipment issues using parts, maintenance, operator manuals both physical and computer based.
- Basic computer skills
- Must meet essential physical requirements related to: o Regularly standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, sitting, talking, listening, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling
- Possess and maintain a basic set of hand tools required for basic maintenance jobs.
- Can troubleshoot and repair a/c systems on mobile equipment
- Ability to learn and want to follow all plant, department, and job safety rules.
- Ability to practice dignity and respect, and have a courteous attitude towards co-workers, supervisors, and the public always.
- Ability to work in a team environment and assist others with duties as required.
- Ability to perform all essential and support functions of the job.
- Ability to maintain a high-level of housekeeping in all areas of the job.
- Wear and use all required personal protective equipment (PPE). o Hard hat, steel toe shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs, etc.
- Heavy equipment/diesel mechanic maintenance experience.
- Crusher maintenance experience.
- Conveyor maintenance experience.
- Welding experience
- Lockout Tag Out (LOTO) experience
- Completed MSHA Part 48 Training.
/Company Information/ // /Chicago-based USG Corporation has a 112-year history as a market leader in innovative, award-winning products and systems. USG products can be found in structures across the world, from DIY projects to residential homes to some of the worlds’ tallest buildings. USG has almost 9,000 employees across the world, committed to customer satisfaction and the company's core business values – innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity, efficiency and safety. To achieve success in this challenging economy, we developed a three-pillared approach called Our Plan to Win: 1) strengthen our core operations in manufacturing and distribution, 2) diversify our earnings through geographic expansion and product adjacencies, and 3) differentiate ourselves through innovation.
Our employees feel valued and empowered to be the best they can be. In fact, 92% of our manufacturing employees said that they would recommend USG products to a friend. And senior leadership is committed to making USG a great place for great people to work, including benefits beginning on Day 1, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help you build your financial future. Thousands of employees have made their career with USG, and each year we celebrate 25th, 35th, and even 45th service anniversaries. Find out how to grow your career with USG at http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html. To join our talent network or search for other open positions, go to http://www.jobs.net/jobs/usgcorp/join./
Title: Maintenance Mechanic (Quarry) - Fort Dodge
Location: Iowa-Fort Dodge
Requisition ID: FOR10192
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.