USG Corporation Production Operator (2nd Shift Mill) - Fort Dodge in Fort Dodge, Iowa
For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has been a leader in producing innovative, award-winning products and systems to build everything from major commercial developments and residential housing to home improvements. USG's over 7,000 employees are committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and quality in everything we do. Our steadfast commitment to the company's core business values – innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity, efficiency and safety – have helped us become the company we are today.
Our employees believe strongly in what we do – in fact, 92% of our manufacturing employees surveyed anonymously said that they would recommend USG products to a friend. And we take care of our employees. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate their 25th, 35th, and even 45th service anniversaries with us, providing a family atmosphere for those who make a career with us. Find out how you can join the team and build your career:http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
We are currently seeking a Mill Operator for our Fort Dodge manufacturing facility.
The Mill Operator position is a challenging opportunity for a motivated individual to demonstrate their ability to multitask, work as a team and use their leadership skills within fast-paced Gypsum Mill environment. Reporting to the Mill Supervisor, the successful candidate will conduct the daily operations of the Mill, assist in the implementation of safety programs and maintain/contribute to production levels for the calcining and processing of gypsum.
This challenging position offers a competitive compensation package, comprehensive benefits package, and the potential for a quarterly bonus. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position but only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
This posting is for an entry level position(s) in the Mill Department, second shift.
- Qualified candidates must have a good work ethic, acceptable job performance, and predictable attendance to apply.
- Qualified candidates shall demonstrate the ability to follow safety procedures, recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within work area and take directions from a supervisor.
- Safety procedures must also be developed through utilization of VWI’s/JSA’s, annual refresher training in qualified areas, Equipment lockout Analysis, Confined Space Entry Analysis Interactive Video training or other available programs.
- Must be a people and results-oriented individual who incorporates and emphasizes safety and quality in all aspects of the daily work environment.
- Must possess skills to efficiently and safely operate Mill Mobile equipment, Calcining and Crushing Equipment from control screens and be able to evaluate mechanical problems with the equipment and communicate pertinent information and may service and make normal operating adjustments to equipment and report repair needs.
- Must possess the ability to use on-line tools to monitor product specifications to ensure product compliance and responsible for performing quality checks and recording results.
- Must possess computer skills needed for data entry and reporting. Process will involve quality data or require comments related to the production operation.
- Must be willing and able to learn equipment operation from instruction and self-study.
Must possess skills to efficiently and safely operate over the road mobile equipment and maintain a valid CDL.
- An operator is trained at each Operating level and must meet all the requirements of the necessary Functional Area(s) to advance. Functional Areas are defined as smaller non-production support tasks or equipment.
- Must be able to train under and complete all required MSHA and OSHA reporting and compliance requirements and be able to follow OSHA and MSHA regulations.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends and be available for overtime and call-ins as required.
Able to work in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and follow all plant safety rules and practices. Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work area.
- Computer skills needed for data entry and reporting. Process will involve quality data or require comments related to the production/loading operation.
- Read and complete documented inspection procedures. Follow instructions on printed work orders to complete assigned tasks.
- Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them (hammer, wrench, screwdrivers, pliers, putty knife, etc.)
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, production/maintenance, and understand importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
- Trained or have the ability to be trained in the safe operation of a forklift and all equipment associated with driving a forklift.
/EOE including disability/veteran///
Organization: *Fort Dodge-Mill
Title: Production Operator (2nd Shift Mill) - Fort Dodge
Location: Iowa-Fort Dodge
Requisition ID: FOR10235
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.