USG Corporation Production Operator (Quarry) - Fort Dodge in Fort Dodge, Iowa
The Quarry Production Operator position is an opportunity for a motivated individual to demonstrate their ability to multitask, work as a team and use their leadership skills within a fast-paced mining environment. Reporting to the Quarry Production Supervisor, the successful applicant will conduct the daily operations of the Quarry, assist in the implementation of safety programs and maintain/contribute to production levels.
This position offers a competitive compensation package, comprehensive benefits package, and the potential for a quarterly bonus. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position but only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
- A good work ethic, acceptable job performance, and predictable attendance.
- Safely and efficiently operate various pieces of quarry equipment including, but not limited to, scrapers, excavators, loaders, haul trucks, crushers, conveyors, and over-the-road mobile equipment.
- Maintain a valid CDL.
- Willing and able to learn equipment operation from instruction and self-study.
- Working with computers and other control screens.
- Occasionally service and making normal operating adjustments to equipment.
- Evaluate mechanical problems with the equipment and communicate that information to a maintenance crew.
- Train under and complete all required MSHA and OSHA reporting and compliance requirements and follow MSHA and OSHA regulations.
- Understand the importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
- Working nights and weekends when necessary.
- Being available for overtime and call-ins as required.
- Ability to practice dignity and respect, and have a courteous attitude towards co-workers, supervisors, and the public always.
- Ability to learn and want to follow all plant, department, and job safety rules.
- Predictable attendance. + Report to job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Ability to work in a team environment and assist others with duties as required.
- A good driving record to ensure ability to obtain/maintain a valid CDL.
- Ability to perform all essential and support functions of the job.
- Must meet essential physical requirements related to: o Regularly sitting, talking, listening, standing, walking, and reaching with hands and arms. o Occasionally climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling.
- Ability to maintain a high-level of housekeeping in all areas of the job.
- Wear and use all required personal protective equipment (PPE). o Hard hat, steel toe shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs, etc.
Ability to read, write and possess basic math skills to complete daily reports. _Preferred Qualifications:_
Prior heavy equipment experience, including crushing operation.
- Possess a current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Possess a CDL Tank Endorsement.
- Completed MSHA Part 48 Training.
/For more than 110 years, Chicago-based USG has been a leader in producing innovative, award-winning products and systems to build everything from major commercial developments and residential housing to home improvements. USG's nearly 9,000 employees are committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and quality in everything we do. Our steadfast commitment to the company's core business values – innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity, efficiency and safety – have helped us become the company we are today./
/Our employees believe strongly in what we do – in fact, 92% of our manufacturing employees surveyed anonymously said that they would recommend USG products to a friend. And we take care of our employees. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate their 25th, 35th, and even 45th service anniversaries with us, providing a family atmosphere for those who make a career with us./ // /Find out how you can join the team and build your career://http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html//./
Organization: *Fort Dodge-Quarry
Title: Production Operator (Quarry) - Fort Dodge
Location: Iowa-Fort Dodge
Requisition ID: FOR10191
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.