USG Corporation Production Operator (Supply Chain) - Fort Dodge in Fort Dodge, Iowa
Position Description: * Adaptable and able to cross-train in different roles that support the operational needs of the Plant’s Production and Supply Chain Departments. Able to work variable or rotating shift schedules and demonstrates flexibility in work schedule to accommodate increased production of staffing needs. * Agile learner with the ability to multi-task and prioritize job responsibilities while maintaining a focus and safety, efficiency, and quality. Supports customer service needs and works any overtime, as assigned. * Responsible for knowing and following all plant, department, and job safety rules. Must maintain an acceptable level of housekeeping in the work area and after completing assigned jobs. Responsible for inspecting of equipment prior to use – fork trucks, track mobile, boxcars, vans, flatbeds, etc. * Responsible for wearing and using all required personal protective equipment (hard hat, steel toe shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs, etc). * Key responsibilities of this role include but not limited to: o Boxcar prep and loading o Pick pallets for next day orders o Load aheads if any available o Unload Bulk Raw Materials o Produce Supersacks of LP o Daily Bin Inventory o Inventory Counts when required o Snow Removal * Maintains skills proficiency through regular cross-training with the Production and Supply Chain Departments. Expected to meet and satisfy training requirements established in the Operator Rate Program and other duties as assigned.
- Prior forklift operation experience preferred (loading, warehouse, etc.).
- Able to work in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and follow all plant safety rules and practices.
- Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work area.
- Computer skills needed for data entry and reporting.
- Read and complete documented inspection procedures.
- Follow instructions on printed work orders to complete assigned tasks.
- Computer skills preferred to review or revise documents in Microsoft Office Programs.
- Navigate Microsoft Outlook for work related email.
- Ability to learn to safely operate plant equipment.
- Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them. (Hammer, wrench, screwdrivers, pliers, putty knife, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot minor issues within a process.
- Good communication skills needed with all co-workers.
- Recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within work area.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, production/maintenance, and understands importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
Able to learn procedures and retain information for continuous use. /EOE including disability/veteran /
Organization: *Fort Dodge-Supply Chain
Title: Production Operator (Supply Chain) - Fort Dodge
Location: Iowa-Fort Dodge
Requisition ID: FOR10214
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.