USG Corporation Environmental Technician - Greenville in Greenville, Mississippi
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in environmental compliance or other similar clerical positions. Strong organizational and people skills are a must. Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Office programs and have the ability to work with limited supervision. The candidate must be capable of passing a basic office skills test and have basic knowledge of lab related tests. The preferred candidate will have a degree in a related field.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of all plant practices, rules of conduct, attendance policy, and other plant procedures and policies. Enforces plant policies with other USG Employees and Contractors, as necessary, within the Operation.
- Understands and participates in “The Delta Safety Plan”. Required to implement and enforce the requirements within model programs such as Hazwoper & Hazcom. Includes distinguishing extremely hazardous chemicals (EHS) from hazardous chemicals and developing an all-inclusive plan that ensures proper reporting, handling, inventory, and spill prevention. Is able to construct, modify, and present applicable presentations as required within the safety plan and environmental regulations.
- Is fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint applications to complete Environmental assignments (i.e. spreadsheets, graphs, presentations etc.)
- Ensures that all chemicals and raw materials are evaluated and reported annually on the Toxic Chemical Release Inventory Report, Form R, if exceed Threshold Quantities (TQ) in regards to Title III, Section 313 of the Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act (SARA). Reports submitted to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the state emergency response commission (SERC).
- Ensures that all chemicals and raw materials are evaluated and reported annually on the Tier II Form if exceed Threshold Quantities (TQ) in regards to Title III of the Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act (SARA), specifically related to the Emergency Planning & Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA).
- Ensures that the Plant remains in compliance with the Title V Air Operating Permit. This includes, but not limited to: Maintaining all documentation in SECTION 5 of Title V, calculating and submitting actual and potential Criteria Air Pollutants (CAP) and Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAP) for each emission point at the plant, maintains field / class certification as a Method 9 Visible Emission Observer (VE) and performs plant opacity readings as prescribed, completes all requests made by MDEQ in regards to the Air Emission Reporting Requirements 40 CFR 51 (AERR), submits required reports to MDEQ and EPA as stated in the operating permit.
- Ensures that all Monthly testing is completed at the prescribed frequencies to ensure compliance with the National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit. This includes TSS, BOD, Ph, NH3 & Oil & Grease. Analytical results are reported in concentrations of mg/L. The Technician will use these concentrations and discharge volumes to calculate the loading in pounds. These results are then used to complete the Discharge Monitoring Report (DMR) at the end of each month. The Tech will be required to have an account in the Environmental Protection Agencies Central Data Exchange (CDX) in order to complete. All DMR’s must be completed, submitted and certified within NetDMR, which is an EPA based online program. The Environmental Technician is prepared to discuss and explain any excursions with the Environmental Supervisor, and Department Manager.
- Ensures compliance with asbestos containing building material (ACBM) regulations in accordance with the National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollution (NESHAP) and the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA). This includes proper signage in asbestos containing areas, performing and submitting annual asbestos surveys, training employees, promoting awareness, making notifications to MDEQ and following all regulations related to operation, demolition, or renovation of ACBM.
- Completes storm water inspections and documents according to the MDEQ Baseline Form Package for National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) compliance for Industrial Operators. Inspections include storm water outfalls, process related drains, process tank containment, fuel source containment, oil storage areas and all other activity that has the potential to pollute storm water run-off. Constantly evaluating the plant Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) to ensure continuous compliance.
- Completes and submits annual Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emission report to the Environmental Supervisor for
- Completes and submits the Quarterly Environmental Activity Report to Environmental Supervisor by the 5th day of each ending Quarter.
- Enters and updates all environmental activities into the USG Corporate Environmental Database, Compliance Monitoring System (CMS).
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Environmental Technician - Greenville
Requisition ID: GRE10215
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.