USG Corporation Maintenance Mechanic - Greenville in Greenville, Mississippi
Know and practice all applicable plant and departmental safety rules, and all specific job safety rules and procedures.
- Have ability to understand verbal and written instructions from plant supervision and efficiently and effectively perform assigned tasks.
- Have ability to effectively communicate with co‐workers and supervisors as related to job performance.
- Perform daily routine housekeeping.
- Ability to lift items 51 pounds or less and negotiate uneven terrain, ramps, steps and ladders.
- Must learn general plant layout, equipment and function.
- Must have ability to safely operate plant mobile equipment including Fork Trucks, JLG & Scissor Lifts.
- Normal working schedule is 6a – 3:30p, Monday thru Friday, but sometimes it is necessary to work OT to meet the needs of the Plant.
Ability to work at various heights which may extend to 180 feet.
Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements necessary for this job area.
- Must have a basic understanding of industrial maintenance.
- Must have a safe work history.
- Must demonstrate dependable attendance.
- Qualified candidates must have the ability to work independently without direct supervision as well the ability to effectively relate and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple work assignments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Must successfully pass Maintenance skills test.
- Must be able to work on short notice or without notice based on run schedule.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Maintenance Mechanic - Greenville
Requisition ID: GRE10208
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.