USG Corporation Technical Foreman - Greenville in Greenville, Mississippi
Responsible for design, support, maintenance and control of all computer hardware and software applications to provide a cost-effective and reliable information system. This includes the application of new process control technology for safety, cost reduction, product improvement, and capacity increase while providing engineering expertise and guidance for the manufacturing support of process control strategy while maintaining the core foundation of company standards.
- Evaluate plant process control systems and make recommendations for cost effective upgrading or improvement to the latest technology.
- Consult with and respond with plant electricians on emergency repairs, troubleshooting, production and major maintenance problems, new and improved process control feasibility studies, and capacity planning studies.
- Develop and implement PLC code for all areas of manufacturing equipment including new equipment designs in order to implement the company's process control philosophy in the areas of safety, machine control, process alarming & reporting and operator interface.
- Specify and provide technical troubleshooting of computers, printers and phones.
- Directs plant computer operations, which includes computer hardware, software, network and telephone support. Help implement new technology to maximize plant efficiency.
Responsible for the organization, storage and inventory of plant IT equipment (computers, monitors, keyboards, servers, phones, printers, etc.).
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience and demonstrated performance.
- Ability to perform process control system design such as I/O, motor and drive schematics, equipment specifications, and panel design and layout.
- Possess an intimate knowledge of process control strategy and application definition.
- Able to design and troubleshoot PLC programming in ladder logic and structured text.
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of engineering, programming, and instrumentation and control systems (components, design, implementation, ladder logic programming, HMI programming and their applications).
- Must have an advanced working knowledge of Rockwell ControlLogix, and Siemens 505 series PLC's and Wonderware lntouch operator interface software or similar industrial applications.
- Preferred experience with Allen Bradley, Workshop, TI-Soft, and RSLogix (500 & 5000)
- Demonstrates the ability to modify graphics, alarms, trending, create and modify operator interface software (Wonderware)
- Able to proficiently read schematics and understand basic control circuitry, including limit switches, mechanical timers, relays, solenoid valves, programmable controllers, etc.
- Familiar with ethernet network concepts
- Demonstrates ability for basic network wiring, hardware and software installation on computers, PLC’s and servers
- Demonstrates ability to setup and calibrate signal conditioners and converters
- Must be familiar with and able to use multi-meters and amp probes
- Experience troubleshooting 11OV and 480V electrical systems, 24V DC control systems
- Ability to size/install/troubleshoot PLC controllers and VF Drives for desired effect and process
- Capable of identifying and repairing instrumentation
- Familiar with the National Electric Code regulations
- Capable of navigating and using the internet, Word, Excel, Project, AutoCAD, MDIS, Oracle processes and databases
- Candidate must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication and decision-making skills, with the ability to work in a diverse workforce environment. /EOE including disability/veteran/ / / /#CB/
Title: Technical Foreman - Greenville
Requisition ID: GRE10193
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.