USG Corporation Technical Manager - Greenville in Greenville, Mississippi
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG.
The role of the Technical Manager is to facilitate development, integration and implementation of new technology and products for the Greenville, Mississippi Plant. The position supports the Greenville Plant with operating, safety, product quality and customer issues. The Technical Manager works with CIC, engineering, product management, marketing, and manufacturing to ensure the successful completion of projects. This position requires in-depth knowledge of current technology in at least one USG business line.
Relocation to Greenville, MS is mandatory.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promotes safety in all activities administered by USG Corporation. Conduct technical service activities in a safe manner, observing all governmental, site safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- Implement standardized manufacturing process strategies to successfully execute the scope of manufacturing technology improvement initiatives and new products.
- Support the development of project scopes, estimates, approval documentation, arrangements, installation strategies, commissioning, and start-up of assigned projects.
- Executes projects and trials while providing analysis of project status and costs. In addition, be able to initiate effective recommendations for corrective actions and next steps as appropriate.
- Determines areas of potential product and process optimization to reduce costs and improve facility efficiency. This person will initiate, and coordinate actions required to realize that potential. Standardized technology process development, raw material substitution, and productivity improvements are a function of this position.
- Use market and industry knowledge to understand the needs of our customers and help solve their pain points.
- Use their experience with the manufacturing process, product formulation and product attributes to aid in evaluating and resolving manufacturing process and product issues.
- Educate manufacturing personnel on technical matters and furnish technical leadership to support continuous improvement.
- Prepare training materials and conduct training as needed. Mentor less experienced process technicians, engineers or production personnel as opportunities arise.
- Collaborate with CIC, engineering, product management, marketing, and manufacturing on improvements to the manufacturing process and as well as the introduction of new products.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. or M.S. in an engineering or science discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Trained in current industry technology in their field of expertise.
- 5 plus years of relevant experience.
- Documented record of manufacturing/product contributions.
- In-depth knowledge of current technology in at least one technical area>
- Multi-project management skills>
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational & project planning skills.
- Systematic analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering documents, specifications, and prints.
- Utilize industry standardized troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Oral presentation skills.
- Scope development.
- Understanding of 5S.
- Understanding and application of Lean Manufacturing.
- Design of experiment preparation and analysis skills.
- Able to design and troubleshoot PLC programming in ladder logic and structured text, must have an advanced working knowledge of Rockwell ControlLogix, Siemens 505 series PLC’s and Wonderware Intouch operator interface software or similar industrial applications.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Technical Manager - Greenville
Requisition ID: GRE10216
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.