USG Corporation Electrician - Gypsum in Gypsum, Ohio
/ //*Company Information*/ // /Chicago-based USG Corporation has a 112-year history as a market leader in innovative, award-winning products and systems. USG products can be found in structures across the world, from DIY projects to residential homes to some of the worlds’ tallest buildings. USG has almost 9,000 employees across the world, committed to customer satisfaction and the company's core business values – innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity, efficiency and safety. To achieve success in this challenging economy, we developed a three-pillared approach called Our Plan to Win: 1) strengthen our core operations in manufacturing and distribution, 2) diversify our earnings through geographic expansion and product adjacencies, and 3) differentiate ourselves through innovation.
Our employees feel valued and empowered to be the best they can be. In fact, 92% of our manufacturing employees said that they would recommend USG products to a friend. And senior leadership is committed to making USG a great place for great people to work, including benefits beginning on Day 1, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help you build your financial future. Thousands of employees have made their career with USG, and each year we celebrate 25th, 35th, and even 45th service anniversaries/
-Operation of electrical test equipment including voltmeter, megger and amprobe -Install, perform preventive maintenance, and troubleshoot the following: -Motor control & lighting systems -Motors with associated starters and brakes -PLC’s -Burner controls -Instrumentation equipment - including RTD’s and thermocouples -Ink jet printers -Three phase motor wiring termination -Interpret instrumentation schematics/symbols -Use HMI screens to troubleshoot and understand process controls -Understand AC motor/VFD theory -VFD – power & control wiring; installation and configuration; programming and troubleshooting -Conduit & cable tray design , layout and installation. -Transformer sizing & wiring along with knowledge of fuse, wire sizing, & conduit fill ratios -Ability to install various electrical controls; Interpret electrical schematics & symbols; Identify motor data; and possesses a basic understanding of NEC codes
- At least 7 years of applicable manufacturing experience.
- Willing to work any shift, mandatory overtime, weekends and call-outs.
- Proven work history demonstrating safe work habits, regular and predictable attendance and the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple tasks, work at heights and in confined spaces, accept "on-call" responsibility and possess excellent basic math, verbal and written communications skills.
- Need to provide basic set of hand tools.
- Experience with hand tools, power tools, diagnostic equipment (multimeter, megger, annmeter, etc.) conduit bending and wire pulling.
- Must pass a basic electrical skills test.
- Experience with reading electrical schematics and cable drawings to properly size conduits, conductors and install electrical equipment/systems within NEC code.
- Exposure to NFPA 70E code and requirements.
Experience with field termination/change out of motors, transformers, sensors, switches, valves and process control equipment (control valves, transmitters and scales).
- 24vdc control system
- 120vac motor control
- 480vac, 3 phase power distribution and motor control
- Process control/ladder logic
- Lighting systems Preferred: __
- Troubleshooting skills and hands-on experience with:
- Alien Bradley Logix Series PLC's
- Yaskawa and Allen Bradley VF drives
- 4,160V - 35kV power systems
- Programming skills:
- Rockwell's RSLogix 5000 PLC Software
- Wonderware HMI Software
- Rockwell's RSView Studio
- Flame safeguards and burner controls
- Advanced diagnostic tools (infrared, oscilloscope, wheatstone bridge, etc.
- Associates Degree in Electronics, Industrial Electricity, etc.
Title: Electrician - Gypsum
Requisition ID: GYP10140
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.