USG Corporation Industrial Electrician - Gypsum in Gypsum, Ohio
Operation of electrical test equipment including voltmeter, megger and amprobe
- Install, perform preventive maintenance, and troubleshoot the following: o Motor control & lighting systems o Motors with associated starters and brakes o PLC’s o Burner controls o Instrumentation equipment - including RTD’s and thermocouples o Ink jet printers
- Three phase motor wiring termination
- Interpret instrumentation schematics/symbols
- Use HMI screens to troubleshoot and understand process controls
- Understand AC motor/VFD theory
- VFD – power & control wiring; installation and configuration; programming and troubleshooting
- Conduit & cable tray design , layout and installation
- Transformer sizing & wiring along with knowledge of fuse, wire sizing, & conduit fill ratios
Ability to install various electrical controls; Interpret electrical schematics & symbols; Identify motor data; and possesses a basic understanding of NEC codes
At least 3 years of applicable manufacturing experience.
- Willing to work any shift, mandatory overtime, weekends and call-outs.
- Proven work history demonstrating safe work habits, regular and predictable attendance and the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple tasks, work at heights and in confined spaces, accept "on-call" responsibility and possess excellent basic math, verbal and written communications skills.
- Need to provide basic set of hand tools.
- Experience with hand tools, power tools, diagnostic equipment (multimeter, megger, annmeter, etc.) conduit bending and wire pulling.
- Must pass a basic electrical skills test.
- Experience with reading electrical schematics and cable drawings to properly size conduits, conductors and install electrical equipment/systems within NEC code.
- Exposure to NFPA 70E code and requirements.
- Experience with field termination/change out of motors, transformers, sensors, switches, valves and process control equipment (control valves, transmitters and scales).
- Troubleshooting skills: o 24vdc control system o 120vac motor control o 480vac, 3 phase power distribution and motor control o Process control/ladder logic
- Troubleshooting skills and hands-on experience with: o PLC's o VF drives o 4,160V - 35kV power systems o Flame safeguards and burner controls o Advanced diagnostic tools (infrared, oscilloscope, wheatstone bridge, etc. o Associates Degree in Industrial Electricity, etc.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Industrial Electrician - Gypsum
Requisition ID: GYP10298
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.