USG Corporation Production Operator (Joint Treatment & Tape) - Gypsum in Gypsum, Ohio
- Responsible for making equipment adjustments to ensure proper specifications are met.
- Responsible for performing quality checks and recording results.
- Responsible for changing settings on equipment during changeovers.
- Responsible for performing some routine maintenance on equipment.
- Able to work in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and follow all plant safety rules and practices.
- Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work area.
- Computer skills needed for data entry and reporting. Process will involve quality data or require comments related to the production operation.
- Recognize measurements that are outside of a specified range.
- Read and complete documented inspection procedures.
- Follow instructions on printed work orders to complete assigned tasks.
- Navigate Microsoft Outlook for work related email.
- Ability to learn to operate plant equipment.
- Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them. (Hammer, wrench, screwdrivers, pliers, putty knife, etc.).
- Ability to troubleshoot minor issues within a process.
- Good communication skills needed with all co-workers.
- Recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within work area.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, production/maintenance, and understands importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
- Able to learn procedures and retain information for continuous use.
- Ability to make machine and process adjustments to ensure product is within required specifications.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Gypsum-Joint Treatment
Title: Production Operator (Joint Treatment & Tape) - Gypsum
Requisition ID: GYP10312
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.