USG Corporation Production Operator (Loading) - Gypsum in Gypsum, Ohio
Responsible for loading outbound shipments – vans, flatbeds, containers.
- Responsible for offloading inbound shipments – van flatbeds, railcars.
- Responsible for making sure the customer’s order is filled and billed correctly.
- Responsible for performing quality checks.
- Responsible for inventory counts on raw materials, finished goods, packaging products and etc.
- Responsible for safety activities within the department – housekeeping, fork truck safety, lifting, 5S projects, etc.
- Responsible for inspecting of equipment prior to use – fork trucks, boxcars, vans, flatbeds, etc.
- Able to work in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and follow all plant safety rules and practices.
- Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work area.
- Computer skills needed for data entry and reporting
- Read and complete documented inspection procedures.
- Follow instructions on printed work orders to complete assigned tasks.
- Computer skills preferred to review or revise documents in Microsoft Office Programs.
- Navigate Microsoft Outlook for work related email.
- Ability to learn to operate plant equipment
- Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them. (Hammer, wrench, screwdrivers, pliers, putty knife, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot minor issues within a process.
- Good communication skills needed with all co-workers.
- Recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within work area.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, production/maintenance, and understands importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
- Able to learn procedures and retain information for continuous use.
- Ability to use on-line tools to monitor shipping information and make corrections where needed.
- Ability to make machine and process adjustments to ensure product is within required specifications.
- Trained in the safe operation of the forklift and all equipment associated with driving the forklift. Has received forklift certification, which is updated as required, or has the ability to acquire certification.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Gypsum-Supply Chain
Title: Production Operator (Loading) - Gypsum
Requisition ID: GYP10325
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.