USG Corporation Production Operator (Mill/Packing) - Gypsum in Gypsum, Ohio
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG:http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
Position Description: 1. Responsible for operating stucco drying equipment. 2. Responsible for operating calcining equipment. 3. Responsible for identifying upset conditions and responding as to minimize safety hazards, stucco quality deviations, equipment damage and delay. 4. Responsible for operating the front end loaders and dump truck. 5. Responsible for performing some routine maintenance on equipment. 6. Expected to take an active role in all plant safety and continuous improvement initiatives, as required by supervision.
- Must be able to understand and follow all Plant, Department, and specific job safety rules for this functional area.
- Must have read and understand all applicable JSA/VWI for this functional area.
- Must be trained and be able to safely follow LOTO and Confined Space procedures for all equipment in this functional area, as well as any other model programs that apply.
- Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements of this functional area.
- Must have regular and predictable attendance, including mandatory overtime and flexible scheduling to meet customer demand as required.
- Must be able to understand and communicate basic reading, writing, mathematics, and measurements.
- Must be able to perform and all housekeeping requirements for this area and any others as required to maintain a clean work area.
- Must have the ability to learn all operations in the Mill Packing Area. /EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Gypsum-Mill Packing
Title: Production Operator (Mill/Packing) - Gypsum
Requisition ID: GYP10305
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.