USG Corporation Quality Lab Operator (Gypsum Fiber Products) - Gypsum in Gypsum, Ohio
- Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work area.
- Recognize measurements that are outside of a specified range and communicate accordingly.
- Read and understand all measuring equipment found in the Quality Lab.
- Read and complete documented quality inspection procedures for finished product.
- Navigate Microsoft Outlook for work related email.
- Ability to learn to operate all the Quality Lab equipment.
- Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them. (Hammer, wrench, screwdrivers, pliers, putty knife, etc.).
- Ability to collect in-process and finished good samples from the production line.
- Ability to troubleshoot minor issues within a process.
- Recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within work area and communicate with the team for corrective actions.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, production/maintenance, and understands importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
- Ability to use on-line tools to monitor product specifications to ensure product compliance.
- Able to work in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and follow all plant safety rules and practices.
- Computer skills needed for data entry and reporting. Process will involve quality data or require comments related to the production/loading operation.
- Computer skills preferred to review or revise documents in Microsoft Office Programs.
- Good communication skills needed with all co-workers.
- Able to learn procedures and retain information for continuous use.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Gypsum-Gypsum Fiber Products
Title: Quality Lab Operator (Gypsum Fiber Products) - Gypsum
Requisition ID: GYP10316
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.