USG Corporation Sales Representative (Ceilings) - Indianapolis in Indiana
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
We’re big enough that our professionals have the resources to make a difference, yet small enough that you’re not just a number. You’ll work on key initiatives and build strong relationships across the company that will position USG for growth into the future.
USG offers work-life balance, specialist and general/managerial career paths, promotion from within, exceptional benefits, and incredible long-term career opportunities for the right professional. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us. Join us.
The Sales Representative - Ceilings applies extensive product, technical, and application expertise to promote all Ceilings Division products. The incumbent establishes strong relationships with Architects, Designers, Owners, general and sub-contractors and Ceilings specialty dealers in assigned territory. In addition, the incumbent collaborates effectively with architectural sales representatives, contractor services representatives, and Sales Representatives – Gypsum in the market to influence customer decisions.
Candidate will live in Indianapolis and service Indiana and Southwest Ohio.
*KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Through effective selling, maximizes USG's short and long term growth in sales volume, gross profit and industry position, with a focus on all Ceilings products lines
- Proactively builds relationships with architects, interior designers, specification writers, owners, construction managers, general contractors, ceilings sub-contractors and USG Ceilings specialty dealers to increase preference and demand for USG Ceilings products and systems
- Actively tracks projects in the early design stages to influence the specification and identifies applications on projects where USG Ceilings systems will be a solution. Maintains and regularly updates in Salesforce.com on a minimum number of projects where USG is/could be specified
- Analyzes architectural drawings and details to confirm accuracy or suggest a better solution
- Educates the customer by providing lunch and learns, pertinent literature and samples
- Communicates and collaborates with architectural & contractor representatives and distribution partners on the entire sales process, from specification to invoice
- Leads job tracking process with distributor partners using sales tools such as Salesforce.com to track jobs, identify leads, and locate greatest opportunities with customers
- Monitors competitive activity and strategically promotes USG’s product offering
- Networks within the industry through social media presence and participation in appropriate associations (e.g., AIA, IIDA, CSI and local trade associations) to build personal credibility and USG Ceilings’ brand
- Launches and promotes new ceilings products and specialty ceilings products while maintaining support of core ceilings products
- Assists in answering all technical questions pertaining to ceilings including testing, applications, code and performance. Coordinates with contractor and technical resources when appropriate
- Applies Dimensions of Professional Selling tools and techniques throughout the entire sales process to provide an exceptional customer experience and added value
- Works closely with all shared services including Marketing, Pricing Analytics, Sales Operations and Customer Service to ensure that customer interactions all occur with the highest level of service
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Self-starter with very strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving abilities
- Computer proficiency required in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Salesforce.com is used daily to record and share information. Other industry related computer skills (CAD, REVIT, Sketch Up, Presentation software, etc.) are a plus
- Attends USG sponsored training courses to thoroughly understand value-proposition, positioning strength, and overall strategy and tactics of launching a new ceilings system
- Proven ability to identify key decision makers and build relationships. An adept networker
- Good listener. Strong written and oral communication skills. Interactive presentation skills. Good client and customer service skills
Physical Demands and Other Requirements
- Physical requirements include the ability to carry 30 lbs and drive a car (valid driver’s license required)
- Ability to travel approximately 30% to 50%
Education and Related Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Design, Marketing, Business or related field. Advanced education beyond a Bachelor’s Degree is a plus
- Two year minimum sales experience in the building industry or an aligned business. Technical expertise/aptitude required
- Internal USG applicants: Trained in Dimension of Professional Selling Skills and Directions communication tools to successfully engage with customers
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Ceilings-Arch Svcs Rep Midwest-330-263
Title: Sales Representative (Ceilings) - Indianapolis
Requisition ID: IND10003
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.