USG Corporation Plant Engineer - Jacksonville in Jacksonville, Florida
Incorporate safety into all aspects of the department and ensure safe working conditions during all activities associated within the manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for establishing, monitoring and maintaining the quality control systems for the plant.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of an annual Quality Control Plan, including objectives which address customer initiatives, employee training and product improvements.
- Responsible for handling customer related quality issues (complaint handling and investigation, service, surveys and audits).
- Responsible for monitoring day to day process activity and recommend improvements to reduce variation and maximize efficiency to include waste, speed, delay and raw material usage.
- Manage the coordination, implementation and standardization of manufacturing process improvements.
Responsible for leading cross functional teams assembled to address quality issues and process variability.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with prior experience as a Project Engineer.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong analytical skills, understand data collection, statistics and recognize relationship between various process functions.
- Candidate should possess and be able to utilize advanced problem solving techniques such as SPC, control charts, Pareto charts, process cycle time , fishbone diagrams, flowcharting and process balancing. Trained in the lean six sigma methodology preferred.
- Candidate must possess strong communication and leadership skills to be able to foster cross functional corrective action activity.
- Self starter and excellent organizational skills to be able to handle multiple activities. High level of integrity to maintain data integrity.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Plant Engineer - Jacksonville
Requisition ID: JAC10250
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.