USG Corporation Accountant in Libertyville, Illinois
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
We’re big enough that our professionals have the resources to make a difference, yet small enough that you’re not just a number. You’ll work on key initiatives and build strong relationships across the company that will position USG for growth into the future.
USG offers work-life balance, specialist and general/managerial career paths, promotion from within, exceptional benefits, and incredible long-term career opportunities for the right professional. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us. Join us.
The primary responsibility of this position is to perform general accounting duties and as part of the Administrative Group will provide support for the Corporate Innovation Center (CIC).
- Know and observe safety regulations of the Corporation and the CIC.
- Perform month-end close responsibilities including journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Accounts payable support – work with outside service provider and handle all issues for the facility.
- Prepare and analyze financial data – create adhoc reports as required.
- Investigate and answer accounting inquiries from CIC management, staff and Corporate staff.
- Responsible for the Oracle project accounting system as implemented at the CIC including project analysis and reconciliation with the general ledger.
- Assist in maintaining Sarbanes-Oxley and Corporate compliance documentation.
- Administer time keeping program for CIC including compilation of statutory required documentation for Non-Exempt employees.
- Assist in administration of the CIC Safety Incentive Program.
- Take initiative to continually improve efficiency in accounting and reporting processes.
- Procure & monitor office/facility supplies.
- Collaborate with vendors to ensure appropriate service levels and address issues as needed.
Support the CIC performing other work as assigned including HR, Safety and Administrative support.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 1-3 years in Accounting or Finance related position
- Ability to work well in a diverse, collaborative environment
- High accuracy in work/detail oriented
- High degree of integrity and personal responsibility
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize while adhering to deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with Oracle preferred
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Requisition ID: RES10208
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.