USG Corporation Accountant/Admin Support- Libertyville in Libertyville, Illinois
The Accountant and Administrative Support position is responsible for performing general accounting duties and providing administrative support to the Corporate Innovation Center team.
Primary Responsibilities * Prepare journal entries * Prepare balance sheet reconciliations * Investigate and reconcile GL adjustments, errors and variances * Investigate and answer inquiries from management, staff and other departments * Accounts payable support – work with outside service provider and handle all issues for the facility * Work with vendors to ensure appropriate service levels and address issues as needed * Assist in maintaining corporate compliance documentation * Take initiative to continually improve processes and efficiencies * Collect information, organize and distribute CIC reports and publications * Perform receptionist and host duties for the CIC team and visitors * Support the Research and Development team by performing other work as assigned including HR, Safety and Administrative support
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and the ability to apply them
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills with a wide variety of people
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- High accuracy in work/detail oriented
- High degree of integrity and personal responsibility
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize while adhering to deadline
Education & Experience
- AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting preferred or equivalent work experience will also be considered
- 1 - 2 years of general accounting experience (Internship or Part Time will count)
- Oracle experience is a plus
Title: Accountant/Admin Support- Libertyville
Requisition ID: RES10175
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.