USG Corporation Lab Technician (Research - Innovation Services) in Libertyville, Illinois
Construct full scale floor/ceiling, interior/exterior wall and roof assemblies in both wood and steel framing for evaluation as to fire resistance, structural capacity, or acoustical separation.
- Conduct evaluations of building systems using ASTM and ANSI test procedures. Assist design engineers with interpretation of data from testing and refinement of construction procedures.
- Assure the timely completion of construction projects and test procedures.
- Maintain accurate records of technical work, enhance technical skills in construction and stay current with changes and trends in trade practice.
- Design, construct and program computer-based testing and reporting systems.
- Order test materials and general lab supplies.
Know and practice the safe use of all equipment & materials employed in the course of assigned work. Conduct activities in a safe manner, observing all safety and environmental regulations.
Technical experience in both residential and commercial construction. Knowledge of trade practices related to interior and exterior systems with a primary focus on drywall and acoustical ceilings. High School diploma with course work in building trades with an emphasis on carpentry or completion of an apprenticeship program in carpentry.
- Good written and oral communication skills for effective presentation of technical project results.
- Ability to construct systems accurately and quickly in accordance with the requirements of the model building code. Basic understanding of building structure and the ability to conduct testing of building assemblies under the direction of senior engineers.
- Experience with programming, electrical, electronics and computerized data acquisition systems.
- Effectively interact with senior engineers to assure completion of projects on schedule.
- Salary mid-point may be adjusted based upon skills & experience of candidate.
- Limited travel is required.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Research-CIC.Construction Systems-151-22
Title: Lab Technician (Research - Innovation Services)
Requisition ID: RES10199
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.