USG Corporation Senior Researcher - Coatings Specialist in Libertyville, Illinois
We are looking for a R&D coating specialist with experience in coating product and process development to support and grow our building products portfolio, including ceilings products, finishing products, and the USG EnsembleTM Monolithic Acoustical Ceiling System. This position will involve a wide range of hands-on activities including formulation, testing, plant implementation, process improvement, and manufacturing support. Candidate should demonstrate flexibility and creativity within a dynamic environment and can work independently with a minimum of supervision.
Develop new and improved coating formulations for new products and product extensions in the ceilings products area.
- Work closely with manufacturing and engineering to implement new coating system through process development or validation.
- Identify opportunities and carry out activities to achieve cost saving and/or product improvement in the coatings area.
- Generate and manage supporting documentation in the coatings area for product quality and manufacturing support.
- Provide technical support to sales/marketing/customers as needed.
- Master’s degree in coating sciences, chemical sciences, material sciences, or closely related field. PhD degree preferred.
- 4-10 years of hands-on formulation and development experience in water-based and/or solvent based coating systems.
- > 4 yrs of experience with industrial coating application process strongly preferred.
- Self-starter with excellent problem solving and project management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build effective collaborative relationships.
- Travel needed to witness and coordinate plant trials, ranging from 10-25%.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Senior Researcher - Coatings Specialist
Requisition ID: RES10198
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.