USG Corporation Summer Intern - Performance Materials Lab in Libertyville, Illinois
Job Description: 1. Summer internship centered on product development of construction material(s). The duration of the internship is approximately 10 weeks. 2. Under the direction of a senior scientist, the intern will design experiments, perform laboratory tests, compile and review test data and draw conclusions to determine the suitability of various materials for use in construction applications. 3. During the course of work, the intern is expected to learn and comply with company policies regarding the safe handling of materials and operation of equipment. 4. Through the internship, the intern is expected to provide timely and effective communication to the senior scientist regarding the project. 5. At the conclusion of the project, the intern will have the opportunity to summarize work in a report and to present the project, research approach and key findings.
- Current enrollment, in good standing, in an undergraduate program at an accredited university in Mechanical Engineering.
- Completion of some physics, mathematics and engineering coursework and familiarity with conducting work in a laboratory environment.
- Fundamental statistical data analysis, and sound data interpretation and scientific reasoning skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (e.g. MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Sound organizational and planning skills to identify issues, develop project plan, and execute in timely and efficient manner to achieve project objectives.
- Basic CAD and/or microcontroller programming experience a plus.
Organization: *Research-CIC.Performance Substrates-151-12
Title: Summer Intern - Performance Materials Lab
Requisition ID: RES10172
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.