USG Corporation Digital Technology Lead (Data & Architecture) in Los Angeles, California
The Computational Engineering department at USG/Ceilings Plus is a cross-disciplinary department that leverages experience in IT, manufacturing, and design to quickly ideate and deploy solutions for complex manufacturing problems for custom ceilings. This department interfaces with engineering to evaluate and optimize complex designs, develops experimental processes to improve product throughput, and provides implementation/training support across the organization. Common tasks range from writing a short macro to assist product engineering with a repetitive modeling workflow to diagramming the future state of database connectivity needed to support a long-term project proposal. This team is small, agile, and creates much of its value through effective coordination with other departments.
The ideal candidate for this position is as familiar with IT Architecture as they are with reading Architectural details. The manager of this department will need to speak the technical language of direct reports to effectively guide their efforts while communicating with management to translate executive strategy into meaningful, well-scoped projects. A strong vision for the future of technology in Specialty Metal products is required – but must be balanced by the ability to appropriately pace technological change within a risk-adverse business model.
- Analyze existing product engineering practices and the manufacturing processes that inform them – within the context of established contractual and documentation requirements commonly applied to the AEC industry.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement across the organization, with special focus on projects that can assist multiple cross-vertical departments simultaneously.
- Keep current on the latest in digital manufacturing technology with an interest in implementing experimental manufacturing techniques.
- Identify and present new technology solutions to enable business and IT strategy.
- Define, in collaboration with cross-team members in the organization, policies, principles, standards, best practices, and guidelines for overall data architecture and system design.
- Provide technical leadership on projects throughout the solution delivery and implementation lifecycle.
- Coordinate as required with other, simultaneously occurring, digital innovation projects.
- Continue to develop ongoing projects including automated engineering and estimating workflows
- Bachelors degree in Architecture, Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5 years experience in the development and implementation of digital technology for AEC
- Modeling in AutoCAD, Rhino, Revit
- Development in C# .NET, VB/VBA, Grasshopper, Dynamo
- Preferred experience with SQL, Excel, Smartsheet
- Ability to understand and switch between big picture and details based on the context and audience.
- Ability to translate highly complex and ambiguous problems into actionable components and recommendations to drive solutions; ability to influence others without direct authority.
Excellent leadership, communication, and relationship skills to articulate advanced technical topics and build consensus among senior business and technical stakeholders.
Software QA and testing
- Full-stack development competencies
- Agile and DevOps development abilities
US Citizen or Green Card Only
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *CP California-9-Engineering
Title: Digital Technology Lead (Data & Architecture)
Location: California-Los Angeles
Requisition ID: CP 10077
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.