USG Corporation Logistics Supervisor (Ceilings Plus - Production) in Los Angeles, California
Logistics Supervisor is "a member of Production" and an integral component in Ceilings Plus ability to service clients in a timely and professional manner striving for complete customer satisfaction in all areas of shipping and logistics. The LS serves as the primary contact between Ceilings Plus, our clients, and our freight carriers. They are responsible for all day to day activities that pertain to outbound freight, including but not limited to; managing the daily shipping schedule; booking all outbound freight; coordinating delivery times and site needs with the client and or vendors; and any documentation required of such freight. The LS is to ensure that freight arrives correctly and safely to the designated delivery address and absolute client satisfaction with regards to Ceilings Plus logistics management. The Logistics Supervisor reports to the Supply Chain General Foreman.
These duties include:
- Ensure the Safety of all team members in the shipping and logistics department o Run and/or coordinate daily safety huddles of all teams on all shifts. o Provide coaching and mentoring on all aspects of safety as required.
- Coordinate with production control and production foremen to ensure that finished goods ship on the designated ship date. o Review daily Ceilings Plus ship list (smart sheets report). o Check CP Backlog in Smart Sheets to pre-plan and prepare for heavy workloads (as required)
- Schedule and book outbound freight to meet clients ship dates. o Use Smart Sheets ship list to coordinate and book outbound freight to meet clients ship dates. o Manage freight costs to ensure Ceilings Plus is keeping within freight budget.
- Coordinate freight information with Client o Act as the primary contact between Ceilings Plus and client. o Contact and coordinate outbound freight with client. o Ensure that the Ceilings Plus and Client as all required information to ensure the successful delivery of freight.
- Supervise the creation of packing slip and other documentation required for shipments leaving Ceilings Plus. o Ensure that all shipments leaving Ceilings Plus have proper documentation according to CP Shipping Procedure o Ensure that all proper documentation for shipments are loaded onto L: drive and available to Project Managers upon completion of shipment. o Provide shipping/packaging support to Project Managers as required.
- Coordinate any known back orders with Project Managers and Shift Leads/Scheduler to ensure that BO items get produced in a timely fashion. o Work as a back up to production and production control to notify and manage any Ceilings Plus back orders.
- Special Projects as required.
- Exports/imports (Knowledge of terms & Documentation)
- Invoice Approval
*Qualifications* * Comprehensive knowledge of good shipping and logistics practices * Strong knowledge of ISO9001 requirements and concepts * Broad knowledge of your company's operation * Ability to listen and influence * Ability to summarize information and communicate effectively * Project management and organizational skills * Must have analytical ability and computer literate to manage ISO documentation Years of Experience * 5 years of experience as a supervisor in a manufacturing/shipping organization
Job: *Supply Chain
Organization: *CP California-11-Shipping & Packing
Title: Logistics Supervisor (Ceilings Plus - Production)
Location: California-Los Angeles
Requisition ID: CP 10038
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.