USG Corporation Project Coordinator (Ceilings Plus) in Los Angeles, California
The Project Coordinator is "a member of Project Management" serving primarily as customer and project management support. This is an entry level position reporting directly to a Project Manager with the potential for career growth and development into higher level Project Management roles.
The successful candidate will coordinate with internal departments to ensure all aspects of the project are addressed timely. As a member of the project management team your primary responsibility is to support our customers and project managers through the successful completion of projects in which customer expectations are met, resulting in the highest level of customer satisfaction.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: * * 1.
Customer Contact * Customer contact for assigned project management team members * Manage day-to-day interaction with internal and external customers as required * Provide pre and post-sales support to our clients * Develop lasting relationships with clients that foster new business opportunities.
2 Essential Job Functions * Assist with set up of design intent meetings * Update project schedules in smart sheet and ERP system (including submittals, shop drawings and approvals) * Create close out shippers as required (including submittals, shop drawings and approvals) * Support Project Managers as requested * Maintain and update customer records * Order entry * Assist with data tracking and output matrix
- Experience in construction / manufacturing industry preferred
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Detail oriented, organized and ability to multitasks/prioritize on various projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Construction Management or similar program preferred
- Ability to read construction drawings preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of construction or manufacturing industry experience
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, etc.) and Smartsheet
- Must be a team player
Organization: *CP California-36-Project Management
Title: Project Coordinator (Ceilings Plus)
Location: California-Los Angeles
Requisition ID: CP 10032
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.