USG Corporation Strategic Data Analyst - Ceilings Plus in Los Angeles, California
POSITION SUMMARY: Strategic Data Analyst oversees all aspects of the customer order and customer experience and how those assigned projects best flow internally through the organization. Responsible for developing, implementing, communicating, and maintaining a seamless workflow. Analyze data and provide insights for current and future USG growth toward strategic vision of ‘one-specialty’.
Incumbent will collaborate with business unit and the various IT groups to ensure success. As well as partner with leadership to create a unified approach to one-specialty, utilizing internal dashboards (Executive, BU, Sales) and external dashboards (Customer), supporting the execution of USG’s short, mid, and long-term strategy. Ensures that all defined deliverables are completed on time and within budget.
Critical Path Activity:Incumbent’s initial primary responsibility is to understand and map the end-to-end operational business challenges created by a disconnected data environment within Ceilings Plus and across USG Specialty. Followed by clearly articulating the benefit of the right strategic technology return on investment that will eliminate the disconnection thereby improving the operations ability to serve customers. Leveraging USG resources, including Chicago based EPMO team, will be key to efficient and timely execution.
Other key activities include software implementation, functional testing, leading change management activities, adoption and rollout with continued support and training. Ideal candidate is self-driven, organized, agile and able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
Work location is Commerce, CA.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following and performs additional responsibilities as assigned
- Consults with cross-functional managers, project managers, and customers to find best business solutions using data and creating work stream. Understands project business cases and stakeholder motivations.
- Has the ability to learn and understand customer business processes, best practices, and problems/solutions as they relate to the organization’s current and future strategy
- Execute data connectivity scope of work with outside vendor
- Performs data gathering tasks; evaluates and implements data utilization solutions.
- Completes analysis resulting in innovative solutions to improve workflow through one specialty
- Capture internal and external voice of customer foundational to developing effect and efficient dashboards
- Creates reporting and ensures consistency of data connectivity throughout business functions.
- Refines process documents and procedures.
- Development customer facing dashboard, implementation, and rollout. Will require customer pilot program
- Lead teams and processes to ensure that appropriate information is actionable by respective internal stakeholder.
- Owns development of future state, information flow
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, technology, operations management, or engineering.
- 5-10 years’ experience implementing, analyzing, and supporting business processes and solutions.
- Exposure and experience in USG Salesforce preferred
- Business modeling experience using tools such as SQL, Excel, Smartsheet.
Required Business Skills
- Brings strong understanding of, and experience in, business intelligence, data warehousing.
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams to develop business processes and requirements
- Strong analytical skills, including excellent proficiency in discovering customer business needs and translating them into functional requirements.
- Working knowledge of User Interface
- Creating, analyzing, and validating detailed functional data specifications
Required Leadership Skills
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Develop and deliver presentations to stakeholders, executive leaders, customers, and sponsors.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including negotiating, presentation, conflict resolution and relationship building.
- Self-motivated with a focus on working to and exceeding targets in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-sufficient customer facing skills that foster and build a ‘trusted advisor’ relationship with customers, BU and sales organizations.
- Effective and independent time and scheduling management.
- Ability to set and self-manage multiple priorities.
- Minimal travel, as required, to service needs of internal and external customers.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *CP California-36-Project Management
Title: Strategic Data Analyst - Ceilings Plus
Location: California-Los Angeles
Requisition ID: CP 10076
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.