USG Corporation Industrial Electrician - New Orleans in New Orleans, Louisiana
2. Operation of electrical test equipment including voltmeter, megger and amprobe
3. Install, perform preventive maintenance & troubleshoot motor control & lighting systems using wiring schematics
4. Motor starters - size & change overloads & heaters
5. Three phase motor wiring termination
6. Motors: perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting & repairing
7. Motor brakes: perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting & repairing
8. Advanced control system troubleshooting including PLC control using wiring schematics
9. Burner controls: perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting & repairing
10. PLC & associated hardware - installation, troubleshooting & repair
11. PLC main components familiarization
12. PLC hardware wiring
13. Interpret instrumentation schematics/symbols
14. Instrumentation equipment - install, troubleshoot & repair
15. RTD's & Thermocouples - install, troubleshoot & repair
16. Ink jet printer systems - install, troubleshoot & repair
17. Use HMI screens to troubleshoot and understand process controls
18. Understand AC motor/VFD theory
19. VFD power & control wiring
20. VFD installation & configuration
21. Parameter modifications
22. VFD troubleshooting & maintenance
23. Conduit & cable tray design , layout and installation.
24. Transformer sizing & wiring
25. Fuse, wire sizing, & conduit fill ratios
26. Install various electrical controls
27. Interpret electrical schematics & symbols
28. Identify motor data
29. Basic understanding of NEC codes
1.Must have a basic understanding of electrical concepts such as 480 volt and 2300 volt.
2. Must have an understanding of NFPA 70E code.
3. Must be able to accept “on-call” responsibility.
4. Must be able to perform basic welding tasks.
5. Must be able to run rigid aluminum conduit.
6. Must have a safe working history.
7. Must have demonstrated an excellent attendance history.
8. Must have the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks
9. Must have excellent basic mathematic skills.
10. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
11. The ability to work at heights and in confined spaces.
12. Must have basic PLC and VFD drive knowledge.
13. Must demonstrate the ability to work without direct supervision.
14. Must pass a basic electrical skills test.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *New Orleans-Engineering
Title: Industrial Electrician - New Orleans
Location: Louisiana-New Orleans
Requisition ID: NEW10110
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.