USG Corporation Ceilings Contractor Specialty Representative, Ensemble - Northeast in New York
The Ceilings Contractor Specialty Representative will work with the existing Ceilings Contractor Specialty Representative team with a focus on promoting USG Ensemble Monolithic Acoustical Ceiling System. This position applies extensive product, technical, and installation expertise to promote USG Ensemble Monolithic Acoustical Ceiling System and
establish strong relationships with ceiling contractors, installers, dealers, and local code officials. In addition, providing installer training, project management, jobsite assistance and collaborates effectively with USG CIC (Corporate Innovation Center), local market architectural sales associates, shared services sales team and key channel customers.
Candidate to support the Northeast will live in/near NYC metro market and will be supporting, New York, Boston and Philly and jobs in/around surrounding area within the Northeast territory. Candidate will work remotely and flexibility on candidate location is at the discretion of the hiring manager based on candidate skills, knowledge and experience in conjunction with market demands and conditions.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Includes the following and performs additional responsibilities as assigned
- Improves USG Ensemble Monolithic Acoustical Ceiling System sales and profits by converting target contractors to USG ceilings products through the use of product demonstrations, mock-ups and technical sales presentations.
- Supports USG Shared Services Reps and Architectural Representatives to improve relationships with contractors, installers, distributors, code officials, architects, owners, and other influencers of the USG Ensemble Monolithic Acoustical Ceiling System.
- Improves the quality of USG's customer and technical service by providing customers with labor-saving solutions, installation expertise and related best practices.
- Increases USG and Distributor Sales Representatives' technical and product knowledge of USG Ensemble Monolithic Acoustical Ceiling System through training and performing hands-on demonstrations.
- Increases the effectiveness and quality of the USG Ensemble Monolithic Acoustical Ceiling System by working with USG CIC to improve existing systems and develop new capabilities and products, staying abreast of competitive activities and developing strategies to compete, and continually uncovering needs in the marketplace and formulating ideas to address.
Education Bachelor’s degree preferred. In lieu of degree, candidate should have equivalent field and industry experience
Travel Requirements Travel time up to and over 50% servicing respective market and within the assigned region A valid driver’s license is required.
Experience * Minimum five (5) to ten (10) years construction industry or business-to-business sales experience. * Experience with territory management preferred. * Sales and technical/installation expertise, industry knowledge and sales aptitude or experience. * Suspended ceiling installation and drywall application and finishing experience.
Required Skills * Strong communication/interpersonal skills, including: presentation, conflict resolution and relationship building. * Self-motivated with a focus on working to and exceeding targets. * Effective and independent time and scheduling management of activities. * Ability to set and self-manage priorities to ensure maximizing levels of customer service. * Customer focused with strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with customers and USG associates. * Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to determine cause of installation problems, evaluate implications and respond in an appropriate and timely manner. * Demonstrated effective presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal. * Self-starter with very strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving abilities. * Computer proficiency required in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce.com, etc.). * Physical requirements include the ability to work with airless texture sprayers and drive a pickup truck. * Collaboration focused. * Proven ability to actively listen, ask clarifying questions and summarize concerns or actions from customers or internal resources. * Customer focused and proven ability to act with urgency.
Organization: *Ceilings-Contractor Spclst East-330-231
Title: Ceilings Contractor Specialty Representative, Ensemble - Northeast
Location: New York
Requisition ID: NEW10079
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.