USG Corporation Sales Representative (Home Improvement) - New York/Northern New Jersey in New York
This entry level sales position is a great opportunity to develop sales skills and customer facing actions and relationship development necessary for success in broader and more advanced sales roles within USG in the future.
Candidate will live in/near Long Island, NY preferred; willing to entertain Northern New Jersey. Candidate will support the New York market.
Relocation is not available at this time.
*KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES* Includes the following and performs additional responsibilities as assigned:
• Build strong business relationships with all levels of management, contractor sales teams and associates in the retail centers in an assigned geography with key focus in the markets outlined above.
• Increase sales by coordinating and executing training with store associates/service teams on USG products, thereby increasing name recognition, product knowledge and USG loyalty.
• Maximize product availability in the aisle by using sales analytics and training store associates on inventory management and ordering processes.
• Maximize sales potential and brand loyalty through daily in-aisle product demos focused on the end user.
• Work with the marketing team to actively promote USG products in the big box stores.
• Actively seek new and innovative ways to promote USG products in line with organizational goals.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field • Travel time up to and over 50% servicing respective market and within the assigned region • Travel to, but not limited to assigned market territory on a regular basis while managing the respective market. • Valid driver’s license. • Strong business acumen and professionalism. • Strong communication/interpersonal skills including presentation, professional selling and conflict resolution. • Strong relationship building skills with the ability to communicate and relate to a diverse group of people. • Exudes confidence through excellent public speaking skills in order to execute product training. • Self-motivated with a focus on working to and exceeding targets. • Effective and independent with time and scheduling management of activities.
EOE including disability/veteran
Organization: *Bldg Sys-Retail Sales NE-135-410
Title: Sales Representative (Home Improvement) - New York/Northern New Jersey
Location: New York
Requisition ID: UNI11926
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.