USG Corporation Electrician - Norfolk in Norfolk, Virginia
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency. Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG:http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
- Battery maintenance
- Operation of electrical test equipment including voltmeter, megger and amprobe
- Install, perform preventive maintenance & troubleshoot motor control & lighting systems using wiring schematics
- Motor starters - size & change overloads & heaters
- Three phase motor wiring termination
- Motors: perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting & repairing
- Motor brakes: perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting & repairing
- Advanced control system troubleshooting including PLC control using wiring schematics
- Burner controls: perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting & repairing
- PLC & associated hardware - installation, troubleshooting & repair
- PLC main components familiarization
- PLC hardware wiring
- Interpret instrumentation schematics/symbols
- Instrumentation equipment - install, troubleshoot & repair
- RTD's & Thermocouples - install, troubleshoot & repair
- Ink jet printer systems - install, troubleshoot & repair
- Use HMI screens to troubleshoot and understand process controls
- Understand AC motor/VFD theory
- VFD power & control wiring
- VFD installation & configuration
- Parameter modifications
- VFD troubleshooting & maintenance
- Conduit & cable tray design , layout and installation.
- Transformer sizing & wiring
- Fuse, wire sizing, & conduit fill ratios
- Install various electrical controls
- Interpret electrical schematics & symbols
- Identify motor data
- Basic understanding of NEC codes
- Must have a basic understanding of electrical concepts such as 480 volt and 2300 volt.
- Must have an understanding of NFPA 70E code.
- Must be able to accept “on-call” responsibility.
- Must be able to perform basic welding tasks.
- Must be able to run rigid aluminum conduit.
- Must have a safe working history.
- Must have demonstrated an excellent attendance history.
- Must have the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks
- Must have excellent basic mathematic skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work at heights and in confined spaces.
- Must have basic PLC and VFD drive knowledge.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Must pass a basic electrical skills test.
Title: Electrician - Norfolk
Requisition ID: NOR10169
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.