USG Corporation Department Manager (Paper Mill) - Oakfield in Oakfield, New York
For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has been a leader in producing innovative, award-winning products and systems to build everything from major commercial developments and residential housing to home improvements. USG's nearly 7,000 employees are committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and quality in everything we do. Our steadfast commitment to the company's core business values – innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity, efficiency and safety – have helped us become the company we are today. And looking to the future, USG employees are very optimistic – in fact, 97% of professional employees surveyed have confidence in the company’s strategic objectives and 96% are confident in senior leadership.
As a company with $3B in revenues, we’re big enough that our professionals have the resources to make a difference – and we’re small enough that you’re not just a number. You’ll work on key initiatives and build strong relationships across the company to successfully complete vital projects that will drive the future of our company.
USG offers work-life balance, promotion from within, low turnover, exceptional benefits, a dynamic environment, and the ability to explore career opportunities in different functional areas within the company. Find out more about growing your career with USG at http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
You can also visit https://www.facebook.com/USGCORP to learn more about what’s happening at USG.
We are seeking a Paper Mill Manager to perform the following:
- Effectively lead paper mill operation. Currently oversees approximately 50 employees.
- Ability to proactively develop and implement specific strategies to meet safety, quality, and cost/efficiency goals.
- Responsible for establishing, monitoring, and maintaining the quality control systems for the operation.
- Ability to recognize employees’ strengths and development needs in order to provide coaching that motivates both individuals and the team.
Must interact frequently and effectively with customer plants, engineering, technical services, etc. to maximize product reliability and acceptance.
Bachelor's Degree required (Engineering major preferred).
- Prior experience as a USG department manager preferred but not required.
- Flexibility to relocate for potential promotional opportunities.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with strong communication capability (verbal and written). Capacity to relate well to a variety of people and effectively build rapport.
- Knowledgeable of safety compliance programs.
- Leadership aptitude needed to manage and develop others.
- Adept at problem-solving, decision-making, and strategic planning. /EOE including disability/veteran/ / / /#CB/
Title: Department Manager (Paper Mill) - Oakfield
Location: New York-Oakfield
Requisition ID: OAK10277
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.