USG Corporation Department Manager (Reliability/Maintenance) - Oakfield in Oakfield, New York
Responsible for training, motivating and maintaining a level of safety for all department employees to provide for an efficient operation consistent with overall company safety objectives.
- Directs the centralized control of maintenance activities utilizing best practices to prevent mechanical and electrical down-time for all paper mill equipment, mobile equipment, operations supporting equipment and facilities to maintain operations in good operating order.
- Responsible for the coordination and implementation of all safety programs in the department as well as be a training facilitator for various model programs. Responsible for safety, quality and cost goal achievement. Responsible for insuring compliance with the USG Reliability Performance Model.
- Supervises for 32 employees including direct reports, consisting of Maintenance Foreman and Electrical Foreman.
Responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of various major maintenance and capital improvement plans.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and prior Reliability experience is preferred.
- Strong leadership, communication (verbal and written), decision making and employee relations skills within a diverse workforce environment. Motivated self-starter with a high level of organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage multiple projects.
- Must have demonstrated abilities to operate within a planned budget and manage cost within established goals.
- Knowledgeable of safety compliance programs with a strong emphasis on safety, quality and housekeeping.
- Experienced and knowledgeable of all the modules of USG’s RPM program.
- Basic knowledge of predictive maintenance best practices and technologies utilized to monitor condition of equipment.
- Basic understanding of Root Cause Failure Analysis and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis to evaluate equipment failures and optimize preventative maintenance practices. /EOE including disability/veteran/ / / /#CB/
Organization: *Oakfield-Reliability 8 Hr
Title: Department Manager (Reliability/Maintenance) - Oakfield
Location: New York-Oakfield
Requisition ID: OAK10275
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.