USG Corporation Electrical Foreman - Oakfield in Oakfield, New York
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG.
- Responsible for maintenance of all plant electrical equipment and installation of all new electrical equipment for the Plant.
- Assist in the development and maintenance and lead the execution of the plant RPM program. Develop and execute the preventative maintenance program for all electrical equipment and direct the use of this program for inspections and repairs.
- Maintain accurate records for all motors and electrical systems to facilitate prompt troubleshooting and maintain plant production capacity. Design of new electrical installations and control circuits and performs the necessary layout work for all new installation.
Monitor the co-generation power distribution system. Supervise electrical inspections of plant lighting, power distribution systems and power tools. Promote a safe working environment to prevent injury to electricians and to assure that plant equipment. is maintained in safe operating condition.
Preference will be given to 5 years of experience in the electrical field and Paper Mill experience or Master Electrician certification or electrical contractor's license.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to efficiently relate to all plant employees at the plant. Maintain strong understanding of NFPA70E and up to date on current electrical code.
- Proficiency in a leadership role with the engineering, programming, and implementation of industrial control systems.
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work well under tight deadlines.
- Strong computer and programming skills.
- Working knowledge of NFPA 70E and NEC.
- Capability to work within a formal computerized based maintenance program.
- Lead a team of electricians and technicians to support all electrical, programming, automation and instrumentation needs of the plant (present and future).
- Research, communicate and provide needed training to ensure safe, reliable, and consistent support of plant electrical systems and devices.
- Provide timely coaching, leadership, and accountability to electrical team, ensuring prompt support and collaboration with all plant and individual department needs.
- Ensure report’s compliance with plant and company’s values regarding safety, housekeeping, and employee relations.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Electrical Foreman - Oakfield
Location: New York-Oakfield
Requisition ID: OAK10327
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.