USG Corporation Process Technician (Electrical) - Oakfield in Oakfield, New York
The Technician role directs activities associated with the installation, start-up, configuration, and troubleshooting of all plant process control equipment including the Valmet DCS and various Allen-Bradley / Siemens control systems.
Performs all pneumatic/electronic instrumentation maintenance work including installation, repair, cleaning, calibration, and troubleshooting without direct supervision.
Provides documentation and ongoing technical support of all plant PLCs, HMIs, VFDs, and DCS systems in an industrial automation environment.
This position is typically 40 hrs/week M-F, with occasional mandatory overtime, and after-hours support.
- Must have a solid understanding of electricity and familiarity with industrial controls
- Must be capable of using a multi-process meter and other various calibration equipment
- Must maintain continuous learning of technical developments in the paper industry to recommend process improvement opportunities
- Demonstrated knowledge with the engineering, programming, and implementation of industrial control systems
- Must be able to troubleshoot equipment issues as related to the controls/programming of various equipment
- Must have working knowledge of control systems components, ladder logic, function block, and HMI programming
- Must have working knowledge of the Allen-Bradley software suite such as RSLogix 500/5000, FactoryTalk, RSLinx, Connected Components Workbench, RSNetWorx, etc.
- Must have working knowledge of Siemens software such as TIA Portal
- Responsible for the selection, recommendation, installation, and training of new process control technologies; and the investigation of new developments in the field for possible implementation
- Must have solid understanding of installing, configuring, and troubleshooting various industrial control system components such as PLCs, HMIs, VFDs, valves, positioners, sensors, switches, level transmitters, power supplies, relays, timers, discrete/analog I/O devices, etc.
- Must maintain safe work environment and conduct self in manner consistent with company core values, code of conduct, policies, procedures, and other standards
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain a safe work environment, conduct self in a professional manner consistent with company values, codes of conduct, policies and other standards at all times
- Computer experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and AutoCAD
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate technical information to non-technical personnel
- Must participate in other duties assigned as applicable to the position
- Capable of performing all Technician 2 duties or any duty as assigned by supervisor
- Must work closely with the Mechanical and Electrical craftspeople as well as Production personnel to provide continuous improvement and plant support
- Must have or be able to obtain NFPA 70E certification within the first six months of hire
- Must be able to provide and properly use basic hand tools as related to the position
- Must have working knowledge of a Distributed Control System preferably with experience in the Valmet DCS
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Process Technician (Electrical) - Oakfield
Location: New York-Oakfield
Requisition ID: OAK10309
Other Locations: United States
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.