USG Corporation Production Foreman (Paper) - Oakfield in Oakfield, New York
*Job Description: *
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the paper machine to produce 250 TPD of gypsum liner paper in compliance with all plant safety programs and practices, quality specifications and formulations.
- Demonstrates leadership capability in all labor policies and personnel practices including safety, rules of Conduct, operator training, maintenance practices, process troubleshooting, capital improvements and standard operating procedures for process uniformity.
- He/she shall develop process knowledge for daily supervision of all operating processes from raw materials to finished products, including shipping and receiving responsibilities.
- The position has the responsibility for providing supervision, motivation, direction and work scheduling, on a paper mill operating crew including performance appraisals, normally up to 12 operators and trainees on a 12 hour rotating shift schedule.
- Effective communication with coworkers, supervisors and managers on all matters pertaining to plant operation, training, and job performance.
- Able to read, write and effectively communicate detailed work and operating procedures for routine and non-routine tasks with safety being the first and top priority.
- Attention to details with the ability to react quickly and safely in emergency or upset conditions.
- Strong decision and analytical skills. Ability to evaluate and discern results and consequences of decisions, while listening to others and evaluate potential outcomes with multiple priorities and ongoing activities.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and ability to work with computers and computer software applications including; Microsoft word, excel and power point, Access, Paper Kb, Oracle, and MP2 ( Maintenance Planning) applications.
- Willing and capable to prepare and conduct safety meetings and huddles.
Prior experience as a supervisor is required. Must be able to perform all the physical requirements of the job.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Job: *Supervisor - Manufacturing or Distribution
Title: Production Foreman (Paper) - Oakfield
Location: New York-Oakfield
Requisition ID: OAK10302
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.