USG Corporation Production Operator (Paper Mill) - Oakfield in Oakfield, New York
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency. Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG:http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
Position Description: We are searching for self-driven and motivated individuals to support our Oakfield, NY Paper Mill. This is a full-time permanent opportunity with career advancement. USG’s Oakfield, NY plant is responsible for manufacturing 100% recycled paper, used for production of our products, such as the paper-backs of our gypsum wallboard, Sheetrock! We offer a competitive compensation package that will include health benefits on Day 1, a 401k cash retirement pension plan, and quarterly incentive plans for hourly employees!
_Responsibilities include but are not limited to_:
- Operating industrial machines and equipment that support manufacturing of paper
- Making machine adjustments, setting up machines, monitoring machine operations, performing quality checks, recording data, and completing basic routine maintenance
- Formulating chemicals and other items together utilizing automated processes according to specification.
- Operating mobile equipment such a forklift, labeling and marking products, inspecting trailers for safe loading conditions, and preparation of trailers for loading
- Management of inventory storeroom and receiving
- Working in tight and confined spaces
- Observing all safety operating practices and procedures and general housekeeping at the plant
Strongly committed to safety and interpersonal communication in a team based environment.
High School diploma or GED preferred, but not required
- Manufacturing or warehouse experience preferred but not required
- Must have basic mathematical skills and computer knowledge
- Must be willing to be certified to operator forklift and other mobile equipment
- Must be flexible to work a rotating swing shift days and overnights on 12-hour shifts
- Committed to follow all mandatory safety practices and operating procedures is a must
- Ability to use measuring tools (tape measure, gauges, calipers, etc…)
- Must be willing to submit to pre-employment checks that will include a drug test, background check, and physical Company: United States Gypsum (USG) Corporation is a leading producer of innovative and award-winning products and systems used to build everything from major commercial developments, residential housing, and home improvements. USG's employees are committed to the company's core business values – innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity, efficiency and safety.
Title: Production Operator (Paper Mill) - Oakfield
Location: New York-Oakfield
Requisition ID: OAK10226
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.