USG Corporation Production Operator (Summer Hire) - Oakfield in Oakfield, New York
The Utility Paper Mill operator position responsibilities shall be assigned as required by daily operations. Individual ability, knowledge and training level must allow safe and satisfactory performance of typical job duties.
- Review VWI’s/JSA’s for annual refresher training in qualified areas
- Review machinery and Equipment lockout Analysis for qualified areas
- Review Confined Space Entry Analysis for qualified areas
- Complete annual Interactive Video training
- Assists with conducting SOC reviews
- Assist the Bander/Loader with the following duties: Labeling and marking rolls, inspecting trailers for safe loading condition, prepare trailers for loading, housekeeping duties as assigned
General Quality and Process Knowledge
- Prepare truck-loading sheets
- Inspect rolls and quality of finished loads
- Operation of the truck scale
- Learn product specifications and test values
- Perform basic paper quality testing
- Become familiar with furnish grades and use
- Become familiar with basic operation of the scavenger and stock prep area
- Become familiar with the basic Paper Machine DCS operation
- Assists with storeroom inventory management and receiving activities.
Any other duties as assigned by the Shift Foreman or Supervisor
Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Past paper mill experience a plus but not required.
- Must be able to work 12 hour rotating shifts with mandatory overtime.
- Able to follow safety procedures and take directions from a supervisor.
- Ability to use measuring tools required (tape measure, gauges, etc.) /EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Production Operator (Summer Hire) - Oakfield
Location: New York-Oakfield
Requisition ID: OAK10313
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.