USG Corporation Project Engineer - Oakfield in Oakfield, New York
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG.
USG’s Project Engineer position is an entry-level assignment. It is a ‘hands-on' training assignment with immediate responsibility, including "troubleshooting" plant engineering or production problems, researching and utilizing opportunities to enhance operations, and implementing capital expenditures programs for new or modernized facilities and equipment. Additionally, project engineers sometimes serve as supervisors, which provides firsthand experience in managing employees. This position is designed to provide the incumbent with broad manufacturing exposure for positions of greater responsibility. Project engineers report to plant production or engineering managers.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the monitoring and execution of the plant safety program.
- Prepares and follows to completion all assigned capital authorities and job sheet requests. Trains external contractors on plant safety procedures. Supervises external contractors on the completion of work.
- Utilizes technical training to advise and design various engineering solutions as required by reliability and operating departments.
- Assists department managers with various facility preparation and planning efforts to support daily operations. Completes administrative tasks as needed for the position.
- Works with existing project engineers and other plant personnel to administer plant policies and support plant facility maintenance and operating departments in planning and implementing major routine, non-routine, and infrastructure expenditures.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering required.
Years of Experience:
- Co-op/intern experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Strong leadership, communication (verbal and written), and decision-making skills to work with a diverse team.
- Must have a high level of organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks.
- Must be a self-starter, detailed-oriented, and have the ability to work both independently and within a team to meet deadlines.
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Must have abilities to operate within a planned budget and manage costs within established goals.
- Must be willing to relocate for advancement opportunities with the company
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Project Engineer - Oakfield
Location: New York-Oakfield
Requisition ID: OAK10330
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.