USG Corporation Reliability Technician (Continuous Improvement) - Oakfield in Oakfield, New York
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG:http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
- Responsible for assisting in further developing the maintenance structure and implementation of the USG Reliability Performance Model.
- Establishment of a partnership with all crafts and departments.
- Responsible for adherence to all safety programs, including OSHA regulatory programs.
- Fully accountable for adherence to USG’s Reliability Performance Model and utilization of industry best practices.
- Responsible for completion of additional tasks as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Foundational knowledge and skill in both electrical and mechanical systems.
- Technicians are required to attend training programs to master the fields of lubrication, ultrasonic monitoring, shaft alignment, vibration monitoring, and infrared monitoring.
- Utilize various Lean Six Sigma methodologies for finding contributing factors and root causes of failures.
- Responsible for identifying areas or processes for improvement in both electrical and mechanical systems and then monitoring and reporting on progress.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 5 years experience in plant maintenance is preferred.
- Strong leadership, communication (verbal and written), decision making and employee relations skills within a diverse workforce environment.
- Motivated self-starter with a high level of organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage multiple projects.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on repair experience of equipment.
- Must pass maintenance mechanic skills test.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USG’s Reliability Performance Model and MP2 software (ie. generating reports, checking plant backlog, adding parts to equipment, etc.), preferred.
- Basic knowledge LSS methodologies of predictive maintenance best practices and technologies utilized to monitor condition of equipment. Basic understanding of Root Cause Failure Analysis and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis to evaluate equipment failures and optimize preventative maintenance practices.
- Competent in Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Excel and Word.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Oakfield-Reliability 8 Hr
Title: Reliability Technician (Continuous Improvement) - Oakfield
Location: New York-Oakfield
Requisition ID: OAK10341
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.