USG Corporation Shared Services Administrator - Oakfield in Oakfield, New York
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG:http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
- Provide general administrative support to a manufacturing plant including both financial and non-financial plant activities, including but not limited to, production balancing, payroll, general bookkeeping.
- Assist month end closing activities as needed.
- Responsible for general administrative support including filing, assisting with HR tasks, supporting new hire orientation, etc.
- Assists and cross trains for various office functions/tasks as needed.
Typical hours are 7-3:30 Monday-Friday with required additional hours to meet time sensitive goals.
Associates degree or 3-5 years experience in a similar position. Basic accounting and general understanding of Human Resources practices and policies required.
- Detail oriented in the generation and maintenance of records, filing systems, etc.
- Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, plan, and execute multiple tasks.
- Outstanding people skills and have the ability to build rapport within a diverse workforce environment. Fostering high levels of trust with employees is crucial to the role.
- Be a self-starter and have the confidence and ability to manage own time productively.
- Versatile and readily adaptable to new, different, or changing circumstances. Able to stay calm when confronted with high emotions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Some exposure to workplace safety administration is also a plus.
- Must maintain consistent and predictable attendance.
- Must demonstrate ability and willingness to work positively towards solutions.
- The individual must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality when handling sensitive information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software and possess the aptitude to learn new computer applications as required. Experience with Oracle a plus.
- Relocation expenses will not be offered for this position.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Shared Services Administrator - Oakfield
Location: New York-Oakfield
Requisition ID: OAK10335
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.