USG Corporation Storeroom Attendant - Oakfield in Oakfield, New York
* Storeroom Attendant Role* The Storeroom Attendant role is primarily responsible for managing the movement of materials, entering / uploading system transactions, servicing client request and performing housekeeping activities. The Storeroom Attendant role is responsible for but not limited to the following activities: * Servicing client stores requests * Performing part sourcing and walk-down activities, inventory counts * Stocking and labeling activities * Organizing inventories * Performing out shipment duties (vendor returns, repairable spares) * Performing parts picking, kitting. Staging and delivery activities * Retrieving vendor part deliveries * Performing cycle counts * Performing database / storeroom reconciliation activities * Performing system transaction uploads (issues, cycle counts, inventory database updates…) * Cleaning * Performing storeroom cosmetic improvements * Purging part staging areas * Working closely with receiving clerk on out-shipments and parts pick up * Performing system part receipt transactions * Noting and communicating to Buyer shipment discrepancies * Scanning and e-mailing part packing receipts / slips to Planner(s) and Buyer(s) * Attaching electronic part receipts to Purchase Orders for invoice matching * Performing receiving activities (opening boxes, checking packing slips, noting discrepancies…) * Review packing slips to ensure vendor provided required information * Staging inventory for pickup by stores * Communicating with stores and purchasing on all expedited deliveries The storeroom attendant role plays a critical part in establishing the correct foundation to effective indirect materials management.
- Must be reliable, self-motivated, and possess a proven ability to work independently. Must uphold and practice safety in all aspects of their daily work life.
- Must be able to meet physical essential requirements for position.
- Must possess general administrative skills. Must be computer literate and proficient in common programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel. Knowledge of MP2 and Oracle is a plus.
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills, time management skills, and discipline in performing administrative duties to ensure deadlines are met or exceeded.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of the organization. Must be able to work in a diverse work environment with multiple competing priorities. Must demonstrate the ability to manage conflict and maintain proactive relationships with internal and external customers.
- Must collaborate with coworkers, peers and management to complete any and all work assignments in a safe, professional and efficient manner.
- Must be certified in forklift operations and be able to operate narrow aisle forklift. /EOE including disability/veteran/ /
Title: Storeroom Attendant - Oakfield
Location: New York-Oakfield
Requisition ID: OAK10261
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.