USG Corporation Human Resources Business Partner - Otsego, Detroit, Alabaster in Otsego, Michigan
The Human Resources Business Partner will have accountability for meeting the overall human resources needs of 3 plants (Otsego, MI - 125 employees, Detroit, MI - 93 employees and Alabaster, MI - 10 employees). The position will be based at the Otsego, MI plant. This role will provide guidance and support to managers on human resources and safety matters. This position will be accountable for managing the plant's talent acquisition strategy, providing salary administration support, and employee development. Incumbent will serve as a resource to employees for questions and concerns. This position will be based out of Otsego, MI will report to the Divisional Human Resources Business Partner.
- *EMPLOYEE RELATIONS*- Effectively administer USG's employee relations programs; ensure cooperative and collaborative relationships exist in the plant; maintain effective communication practices; make recommendations regarding complaints, accidents, performance and disciplinary issues; participate in agency charge responses and investigations; coordinate plant engagement events.
- *SAFETY*- Act as the primary safety advisor; ensure appropriate application of all safety rules and regulations; ensure effective implementation of the Accident Prevention Program; identify trends and recommend areas of focus for improvement; ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements (OSHA, MSHA, and other regulatory agencies); improve USG's working environment; actively participate in case management.
- *TALENT ACQUISITION*- Monitor staffing trends to project staffing needs and respond to changing labor market and business conditions; work with corporate Center of Expertise to develop sourcing strategies for all hires; assist with college recruiting activities; manage internal promotion/transfer process; participate in interviews; oversee onboarding activities.
- *EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT / SUCCESSION PLANNING*- Identify training needs for workforce; deliver training and/or provide training infrastructure; ensure effective administration of performance management program; facilitate talent/succession reviews (i.e., 9-Box); coordinate execution of diversity initiatives.
*SALARY & BENEFIT ADMINISTRATION*- Make recommendations regarding wage, salary, and incentive decisions; oversee the administration of the Operator Rate Program; understand and promote USG benefit programs; assist employees with making informed decisions; advise or direct employees to the appropriate resources regarding investment, retirement, and leave of absence programs; complete unemployment claim information for termination for cause and participate in appeals and hearings, as necessary; resolve leave of absence issues.
Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 7 (seven) to 9 (nine) years human resources experience in a manufacturing setting required.
- Willing to travel to satellite locations at least once per month.
- Extensive knowledge of HR laws and practices. Capable of delivering training to groups of varying size and make-up.
- Ability to coach employees and managers.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to provide thought leadership and influence and maintain collaborative partnerships.
- Strong employee relations focus.
- Strong organizational skills, including time management. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities. Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to coach and mentor administrative staff at home and satellite plants.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Job: *Human Resources
Organization: *Corp-HR Operations-148
Title: Human Resources Business Partner - Otsego, Detroit, Alabaster
Requisition ID: OTS10130
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.