USG Corporation Production Operator (Loader/Unloader) - Otsego in Otsego, Michigan
Employee must be willing and able to learn the operation of forklift trucks. The incumbent will be able to learn how to unload bales of waste paper from trucks and railroad cars and how waste paper will be stacked in the warehouse in an orderly manner. The incumbent will be able to learn how to load rolls of paper on trucks and railcars and how rolls of paper will be placed or stacked in the finished paper warehouse. The incumbent will learn how to maintain housekeeping in the warehouses.
Job Procedures and Requirements: 1. Must know and practice all applicable plant and department safety rules, and all job safety analysis (JSA’s) 2. Must demonstrate the ability to properly follow lock-out and operating procedures of the department as set forth in the Plants Operating Manual and JSA’s. 3. Must demonstrate the ability to immediately report to your Supervisor any unsafe condition or defective equipment. 4. Must demonstrate the ability to immediately report to your Supervisor any and all accidents. 5. Must demonstrate the ability to keep areas assigned to you and everything you work with clean and orderly at all times. 6. Must demonstrate the ability to properly maintain a satisfactory level of housekeeping the assigned workstation. 7. Must be able to read, and write and use a computer and read a tape measure. 8. Must demonstrate the ability to learn how to safely operate the Plants Fork Lifts and Clamp Truck as a licensed mobile equipment operator. A valid driver's license is required. 9. Must be able to perform all other duties as instructed by Loading/Unloading Supervisor and the Supply Chain Manager.
- Must be able to pick up and safely dispose of broken bands and bale wires and cut wires that are sticking out of bales of waste paper.
- Must be able to clean and sweep the warehouse and the docks.
- Must be able to learn the basic driving skills of the Forklift and Clamp Truck.
- Must be learning how to enter the paper roll data and or the waste paper data in the computers.
- Must be able to assist in loading and unloading of Trucks and Railcars.
- Must learn the various grades of Waste Paper.
- Must learn the various grades of Finish rolls of Paper.
- Must learn the various contaminates in Waste Paper.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Otsego-Supply Chain
Title: Production Operator (Loader/Unloader) - Otsego
Requisition ID: OTS10126
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.