USG Corporation Production Operator (Summer Hire) - Otsego in Otsego, Michigan
ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT SUMMER HIRE/HOLIDAY HELP
This is a temporary/full time position that will assist in the daily upkeep of indoor and outdoor activities of the plant. Hours are Monday through Friday 7:00AM to 3:00PM.
- Must be able to perform this job safely and promote safety as a number one priority at Otsego Paper. Wear and use all required safety equipment.
- Self-starter with good organizational and planning skills to identify issues, develop project planning and execute in timely and efficient manner to achieve project objectives.
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions, some physical work and able to lift/carry 15 – 30 pounds.
- Responsible for paint preparation and completion including clean up. (Protect all areas prior to painting, produce quality paint job and by cleaning and maintaining paint tools).
- Must be able to work with equipment like commercial lawn mowers and trimmers.
- Possess basic communication and problem-solving skills.
- Perform other tasks as required by Supervisor.
- Previous experience is preferred.
Job Procedures and Requirements:
- Candidates must be 18 years or older to apply and must be able to successfully complete USG’s preemployment and drug screening requirements.
- Must possess the ability to work safety and effectively in a manufacturing environment.
- Must safely perform lifting/pushing/pulling, but not limited to lawn mowers and other equipment.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to work any assigned overtime, if needed. Candidates must be enrolled in college level courses or upcoming college admission courses for consideration
Title: Production Operator (Summer Hire) - Otsego
Requisition ID: OTS10096
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.