USG Corporation Project Engineer - Otsego in Otsego, Michigan
USG’s Project Engineer position is an entry-level assignment. It is a "‘hands-on" training assignment with immediate responsibility, including "troubleshooting" engineering or production problems, researching and utilizing opportunities to enhance operations, and implementing capital expenditures programs for new or modernized facilities and equipment.
Additionally, project engineers sometimes serve as supervisors, which provides firsthand experience in managing employees. This position is designed to provide the incumbent with broad manufacturing exposure for positions of greater responsibility. Project engineers report to plant production or engineering managers.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Qualified employees must have a good work ethic, acceptable job performance, and predictable attendance to apply. 2. Assists in the monitoring and execution of the Department and plant safety program as directed. 3. Prepares and follows to completion all assigned Authorities and Job Sheet requests. 4. Utilizes technical training to advise and design various mechanical innovations as required by operating departments. 5. Assists the Department in planning and implementing routine and non-routine maintenance expenditures. 6. Handles administrative functions as related to position as assigned. 7. Qualified candidates shall demonstrate the ability to follow safety procedures, recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within work area and take directions from a supervisor. 8. Safety procedures must also be developed through utilization of VWI’s/JSA’s, annual refresher training in qualified areas, Equipment lockout Analysis, Confined Space Entry Analysis Interactive Video training or other available programs. 9. Must be a people and results-oriented individual who incorporates and emphasizes safety and quality in all aspects of the daily work environment. 10. Must be willing and able to learn equipment operation from instruction and self-study. 11. Must be able to train under and complete all required OSHA reporting and compliance requirements and be able to follow OSHA regulations. 12. Must be willing to be available for overtime and call-ins as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Report to the job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must learn and follow all plant, department, and job safety rules and maintain an acceptable level of housekeeping in the department and after completing assigned tasks.
- Wear and use all required PPE. (hard hat, steel toe shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs, etc.).
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate with other workers in the areas of safety, quality, and production/maintenance and understand importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements. /EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Project Engineer - Otsego
Requisition ID: OTS10117
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.