USG Corporation Production Operator - Port Reading in Port Reading, New Jersey
Responsible for making equipment adjustments to ensure proper specifications are met.
- Responsible for performing quality checks and recording results.
- Responsible for changing settings on the equipment during changeovers.
- Responsible for properly recording all production numbers into MDIS system.
Responsible for performing some routine maintenance on equipment.
Able to work in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and follow all plant safety rules and practices.
- Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work area.
- Computer skills needed for data entry and reporting. The process will involve quality data or require comments related to the production/loading operation.
- Recognize measurements that are outside of a specified range.
- Read measuring devices - standard tape measure down to 1/32" and a micrometer down to 0.001".
- Read and complete documented inspection procedures.
- Follow instructions on printed work orders to complete assigned tasks.
- Navigate Microsoft Outlook for work-related email.
- Ability to learn to operate plant equipment
- Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them. (Hammer, wrench, screwdrivers, pliers, putty knife, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot minor issues within a process.
- Good communication skills needed with all co-workers.
- Recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within the work area.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, production/maintenance, and understands the importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
- Able to learn procedures and retain information for continuous use.
- Ability to use on-line tools to monitor product specifications to ensure product compliance.
- Ability to make machine and process adjustments to ensure the product is within required specifications.
- Trained in the safe operation of the forklift and all equipment associated with driving the forklift. Has received forklift certification, which is updated as required, or has the ability to acquire certification.
/EOE including disability/veterans/
Organization: *Port Reading-Production
Title: Production Operator - Port Reading
Location: New Jersey-Port Reading
Requisition ID: POR10069
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.