USG Corporation Maintenance Mechanic - Rainier in Rainier, Oregon
For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has been a leader in producing innovative, award-winning products and systems to build everything from major commercial developments and residential housing to home improvements. USG's nearly 7,000 employees are committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and quality in everything we do. Our steadfast commitment to the company's core business values – innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity, efficiency and safety – have helped us become the company we are today.
Our employees believe strongly in what we do – in fact, 92% of our manufacturing employees surveyed anonymously said that they would recommend USG products to a friend. And we take care of our employees. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate their 25th, 35th, and even 45thservice anniversaries with us, providing a family atmosphere for those who make a career with us. Find out how you can join the team and build your career:http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
We are seeking a Mechanic to perform the following:
Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, hydraulic systems, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
Ability to locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments such as laser alignment tools, stethoscope, tachometer, infrared camera, ultra sound and vibration analysis tools.
Determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using tape measures, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Mechanical Fundamentals: mechanics, lubrication, understanding maintenance documents, pumps, piping systems, welding/cutting (stick, mig, tig and torch). Mechanical power transmission: basic mechanics, bearings. Hydraulic power transmission: basic hydraulics, hydraulic troubleshooting. Basic pneumatic: Pneumatic Principles, Reciprocating Compressors, Rotary Compressors, Primary Air Treatment, Secondary Air Treatment, Piping, Hoses, and Fittings, Directional Control Valves, Pressure-Control Valves, Pneumatic Cylinders, Pneumatic Motors.
/EOE including disability/veteran / //
- Must have a safe work history.
- Minimum 3-5 years of previous Industrial maintenance or millwright experience.
- Own a basic set of personal hand tools required to perform assigned duties.
- Work overtime, nights and weekends as necessary to meet the needs of the Plant. Operating schedule is subject to change based on business levels.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Able to work at elevated levels.
- Able to safely operate plant maintenance vehicles and personnel lifts.
- Follow verbal and written instructions from plant supervision and efficiently and effectively perform assigned tasks.
- Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements necessary for this job area.
- Familiar with operation of power tools, presses, saws, drills, etc.
- Familiar with operation of welding and cutting equipment.
- Ability to lift items weighing 49 pounds or less and negotiate uneven terrain, ramps, steps and ladders.
- Able to perform maintenance duties with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Computerize Maintenance Manage System (MP2) and basic computer skills a plus
- Must complete the mechanical skills assessment.
Title: Maintenance Mechanic - Rainier
Requisition ID: RAI10173
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.