USG Corporation PLC Programmer - Rainier in Rainier, Oregon
Responsible for design and implementation of control solutions geared towards process improvement at USG’s Rainier, OR facility. Serves as the main PLC programming resource for the plant, and also designs and implements effective HMI controls. Interfaces with production operators, maintenance, management, and engineering groups to achieve the best possible solutions to process control problems. Maintains and troubleshoots plant manufacturing operations to insure safety and reliability. Implements new technology to maximize plant efficiency.
- Position reports to plant technical manager, but also works closely with the corporate process control group.
- The Process Control Programmer will work with plant management, and maintenance technicians to implement process control solutions for general process improvement and capital projects. This will include but not be limited to:
- PLC specification and programming, including HMI development following established corporate-wide standards.
- Specify and apply instrumentation for process application.
- Machine control circuitry and motor control design, including safety circuits and adherence to NEC and NFPA codes.
- Configure and control Variable Frequency Drives.
Electrical design, including creation of schematic diagrams.
3 to 5 years experience in a similar electrical or controls position.
- Advanced Allen-Bradley ControlLogix PLC programming experience including RSView for Panelviews.
- Wonderware InTouch development experience.
- Strong Ethernet IP and Profibus communications design, configuration and troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledge of variable speed drive configuration and programming.
- Experience with Rockwell PowerFlex 700 Series drives a plus.
- Must have the ability to read and create electrical and process control drawings, AutoCad skills are a plus.
- Strong math skills and ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Associate degree, specialized education, or related training in process control is preferred.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication and decision-making skills, with the ability to work in a diverse workforce environment.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities effectively.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: PLC Programmer - Rainier
Requisition ID: RAI10195
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.